Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Assingment #1 - Black and White Series




Alright! Here is my series, all about the railroad system in my hometown, Bruceton. Way back when, this town thrived on the railroad. Once they began building more highways and carrying things by plane, the railroad system sorta fell away, especially to the public. The buildings here are the old railroad station.  I desaturated the pictures, tried to get the levels so that each had a grayscale as close as possible without flattening it, did very little cloning, and some dodging and burning. I really liked how the bottom sign "popped".

7 comments:

  1. Okay so they are all good, but I really like the fourth one the best! I love all your work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. The fourth is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tristen, this is a pretty nice little series. You forgot to mention which one you'd like to have critiqued, however. Anyway...these are working very nicely together, and the sense of contrast and those nice crushed black are translating well in b&w. In my opinion, the ones that are working the best are the images of the broken buildings. The positive/negative shape relationships they create with the expanse of sky is damn near poetic. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fourth picture. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the 1st is super interesting so staying true to myself tonight I'm voting on the most unique =) Is this also Bruceton? I like the angle you used in image 3 and also the slightly offset to 4 as well, I agree with you on 5 it pops nicely. Great job Tristen! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the images here are indeed from Bruceton. Annnd....I'd like to have the first photograph critiqued bc it was the one I was most iffy about. I wasn't sure if I had a good angle or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the first one. Makes me think of the setup to an old ghost story

    ReplyDelete