Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Extra Assignment

Reading through this article has put to rest some of the questions that I was afraid I was making assumptions about. I'm glad to have read this so that I may now see what the artist wants me to see rather than for me to have seen only what I wanted.  We can so easily take a piece out of context and misconstrue what the artist meant to have us see.
I feel that it was not right what happened to Doisneau because for one, they used his art without his persmission. I learned that early on, especially as a member of the DeviantArt online community. Using someone else's work without permission, even when giving credit, is a big no-no. Lots of people were ok with you using their art and giving them credit, but you HAD to ask.
Two, I feel that people in the picture were mistreated as well. They agreed to let Doisneau photograph them and then another person used the picture to make her look like a prostitute.That had to be really hard on both in the photo. I've learned that this is why its so important to check the context before judging anything. Not only does it afect the artist, but it could possibly affect anyone involved as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment