Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lesson....learned? Working on it...





In class we have been hearing lecturing about depth of field and motion. I had a really hard time with this, epecially motion, because my camera was being difficult, more likely I was being too ignorant. Anyway, here is some of the better stuff I came up with.
The first picture and second pictures are the Renaissance Theater students performing on the square in Paris for the Arts on the Square celebration. They were doing choreogrpahy to a compilation of songs, and this was the best picture I took without the motion blur. The shutter speed was increased and that made the picture really dark. I tried opening the aperture, but I couldn't get a good picture quick enough without letting in too much light. Still playing around and learning.
Picture number 3 was taking in Nathan Bedford Forrest at the musuem there. The checkerboard closest to the lens showed up really well, while the background was blurred out, leaving a good portion of the picture out of focus.
Picture number 4 is in the same area as pic 3. Kara and I were working on trying to figure out how I could use my camera to get the different depths of field, and she placed this....i guess...nut like thing on a post and I tried some different things.

1 comment:

  1. You have some really great DOF experiments here. The nut on the tree stump is working particularly nicely. In your motion experiments you have definitely frozen motion. Continue to experiment and see if you can catch some motion blur, as well. Also, examine your photos that you have here, and you'll see some of the things we talked about in class today. I would imagine that your camera chose a faster ISO for the top 2 photos, probably because it was dim outside. As a result, notice the coarse grain in those compared to the finer grain in the bottom 2 photos?

    ReplyDelete